Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Welcome Knox!





George and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our son, Knox Franklin Darrow. Knox made his memorable debut on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7, 2009. He was born at 7:45am, after approximately 11 hours of a completely drug free and midwife assisted delivery at the Hollywood Birth Center. Everyone involved, including Grandma and Grandpa Schlegel, were so happy to have shared in our unique and wonderful birthing experience. To our surprise Knox weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs 4.5 oz and was 22 inches long...much larger than the projected 7 to 7.5 lbs!

Besides celebrating the realization that we had a beautiful and healthy baby boy, I believe the first words out of my mouth were, "did I have anything to do with his creation?...he looks exactly like George!" With that said, I have identified two traits of mine...his fingers and fingernails!

After staying at the birth center for breakfast, mother/baby exams, and an observation period, our new family was on our way home at 1pm the same day with plenty of time to get ready for the big Super Bowl game!


Knox's official foot printing


Daddy & Knox's first nap together